David Carta, our company CEO, recently gave a presentation on the Top 10 Uses for Handheld Badge Readers. Check out the video below to watch the presentation discussing the top 10 uses for handheld badge verification.
To jump to individual discussion on any topic in the video presentation, you can click on the relevant items below. (EX: Clicking on the image titled “Emergency Mustering” will begin the video presentation at 0:21, where Dave Carta summarizes how handheld badge readers are used for emergency mustering.) Blog posts for each individual use case will be rolled out shortly.
There are multiple additional uses for handheld badge readers. Some of these include:
- Employee timekeeping
- Onsite user enrollment
- Ski resort entry
- Long range vehicle identification
- Busing people into an urban area
- Fingerprint Biometric validation
- Iris Biometric Validation
- Dual- or Tri-Factor Authentication
- Government PIV/CAC authentication
- School attendance validation
- School bus student check-in / check-out
- Training attendance tracking
- Vaccination tracking, and more!
Telaeris was founded in 2005 by three friends, with an impressive track record in RFID development and implementation. Individually, they had worked on projects including:
- Design & installation of contactless RFID manufacturing machines
- Card & Reader Development of the GO CARD Transit Card for WMATA SmarTrip and CTA Chicago Card
- Reader technology design for London Underground’s Oystercard System
- Integration of RFID technology into the US passport
- Design & deployment of the RFID Pedestrian Sentri system at the San Ysidro U.S.-Mexico border.
Interested in how RFID experts became experts in access control? Check out the video below to learn about Telaeris’ first RFID deployments and how the company transitioned into the security world.
If you have your own specific requirements for handheld badge validation and don’t see it on the list above, reach out to us at 858-627-9700 or [email protected] and let us solve your problem for you. We’re also amazing at RFID.