XPressEntry compatible biometric handheld readers feature fingerprint or iris identification technology enhancing access control systems and physical security by delivering enhanced identity authentication for high security areas.
Controlling access to areas requiring security clearances is serious business. National security, public safety, trade secrets, and workplace safety and security are all on the line. Safety and security professionals understand the important and time-consuming work of keeping these secured spaces safe and secure. Being that high security areas come in all different shapes and sizes from government buildings to airports and laboratories, it is a real challenge to control access to these spaces. With the power of XPressEntry compatible biometric handheld readers, safety and security professionals can confidently control access to and manage any secured space.
XPressEntry is the industry leading handheld authentication solution which seamlessly integrates with most physical access control systems (PACS) and can perform multi-factor authentication including fingerprint and iris scanning, badges, credentials, and PINs/passwords. When safety and security professionals need to be absolutely certain who is trying to gain access, XPressEntry compatible handheld biometric readers can quickly perform multi-factor authentication, be it with any combination of fingerprint, iris identification, badge validation, and PIN access. If connectivity is lost, XPressEntry with biometric authentication can continue to function offline, authenticating people from an offline database or from biometrics stored in personnel badges.
Most likely your facility already has a physical access control system (PACS) by Software House, LenelS2, Honeywell, Genetec, Identiv, AMAG, Keyscan, RS2, Galaxy, Open Options, Maxxess, or one of many others. These world-class access control systems do an excellent job of determining who has access to the premises. However, there are many uses for handheld authentication beyond just getting in a door. Company shuttles, employee trainings, vehicle gates, temporary gates, employee checks by guards, events, and many more. XPressEntry compatible biometric handhelds provide tremendous flexibility and make these use cases possible anywhere. Traditional physical access control systems (PACS) are limited by the static, physical placement of the badge readers onsite at the main entrance and other tracked entry / exit points. Why only secure the perimeter when XPressEntry can help improve security anywhere? Today more than ever, organizations have both ethical and legal responsibilities to take security seriously. Adding XPressEntry compatible biometric handheld readers can significantly improve safety and security.
- Record and view entry / exit info – Fingerprint and iris authentication of personnel and visitor in addition to badges, government IDs, from anywhere. View real-time entry and exit activity of all users throughout complex facilities. Even enroll new personnel and visitors into the access control database from anywhere keeping a complete and accurate count of everyone onsite.
Real-time updates with database – With so much going on with daily operations, keeping security and essential emergency personnel up to date with the latest information is critical for site security. XPressEntry compatible handheld biometric readers are constantly syncing all personnel and visitor activity, occupancy, and safe statuses with the existing physical access control system (PACS) via cellular or WiFi connectivity.
- Real-time updates with database – With so much going on with daily operations, keeping security and essential emergency personnel up to date with the latest information is critical for site security. XPressEntry compatible handheld biometric readers are constantly syncing all personnel and visitor activity, occupancy, and safe statuses with the existing physical access control system (PACS) via cellular or WiFi connectivity.
- Offline entry/exit recording – In the slim chance that both cellular and WiFi connectivity are lost, XPressEntry will continue to record all occupancy statuses and store them locally in offline mode to ensure that no personnel and visitor statuses are lost. Once cellular or WiFi connectivity has been restored, all recorded data will be automatically synced with the XPressEntry server and physical access control system (PACS) keeping everyone and everything up to date.
- Rugged handheld readers – XPressEntry offers a variety of compatible handheld biometric readers with many different options for different business applications. For example, the XPID100 PDA is held like a cell phone in the palm of your hand while the XPID101 GUN has a handle and is held like a pistol. Both handheld readers are dust, heavy rain, and snow resistant and are rated to survive multiple drops from 1.5 meters. Other compatible handhelds are available.
- Ubiquitous badge reading capability – Future proof your complete access control solution while supporting legacy systems at the same time. XPressEntry handhelds proudly read more badge technologies than any other handheld in the industry including SEOS, iClass, Prox, Casi, Indala, Mifare, PIV, and DESFire EV2 and can simultaneously poll for both HF and LF credentials. XPressEntry handheld readers offers the greatest flexibility and compatibility for current and future physical access control systems (PACS).
- Certified security system integration – XPressEntry integrates natively and has been proudly certified by more than 20 industry leading physical access control systems (PACS) such as Software House, LenelS2, Honeywell, Genetec, Identiv, AMAG, Keyscan, RS2, Galaxy, Open Options, Maxxess, and many more. Don’t see your physical access control system (PACS) here? CLICK HERE to view a full list of XPressEntry integrations.
- Continuous Software Improvements – XPressEntry receives regular software updates with security enhancements and grows in functionality from the XPressEntry server. In addition, the server delivers device management and can assign specific emergency mustering, access control, and/or event modes to each individual XPressEntry handheld reader. Users can switch between modes directly on the handheld reader if multiple modes are granted to meet specific business needs.
- Robust Software Security – Keeping up with the latest cybersecurity practices is mission critical at Telaeris. XPressEntry is penetration test certified by RSI Security as secure against external threats with appropriate security protocols and encryption. End-to-end encryption is provided between XPressEntry handheld readers and server communication utilizing TLS 1.2 secure protocols. All other data stored on the XPressEntry handheld readers are U.S. government grade AES256 encrypted.
- Expert technical support – XPressEntry technical support engineers are product experts and the same people who maintain and build new enhancements into XPressEntry. In other words, you can expect excellent and friendly technical support from knowledgeable representatives who provide quick responses. No matter the question or issue, Telaeris is happy to help and make sure you always remain a satisfied customer.
Don’t have a physical access control system (PACS) system onsite? No problem. XPressEntry also works as a stand-alone access control system delivering all the great features and functionality described above and so much more. Check out how XPressEntry can also improve your emergency readiness and evacuations and workplace health and safety. This is the handheld access control solution you have been looking for. Contact us for a demo and to learn more.